Friday, February 7, 2014

What a Way to Start the Weekend

I started off this morning getting up a bit earlier than I normally do.  Dragged my tired behind out of bed and got into a hot shower to wake up.  No, I wasn't in some great rush to work on crafts.  I like my sleep too much to deprive myself of it even for knitting on fun fair isle mittens.  Well, at least I won't deprive myself once I'm already in my nice warm bed.  I'll stay up into the wee hours to finish something however.  Nope, I got myself up early because today was massage day.  I don't think there's a better way to start the weekend than with a nice relaxing massage.

I started on the second Blomekrans mitten while watching the Olympic coverage last night.  I stopped working when I got the corrugated ribbing done, and didn't continue on like I was thinking I would.


The blackwork project was calling to me, so I indulged myself and worked on it a bit.  This is going much slower than I had anticipated, so will need to be worked on during the week and not just on weekends if I don't want to fall behind.  I have a lot of catching up to do too, since I didn't start this until it had already been going on for a month.  I currently have 3 of 16 patterns completed for the January and February releases.  The photos do not show the metallic threads that I am using, which is a pity, because they are beautiful and make this all sparkly.


When I set the HAED aside yesterday, I was not as far along as I had wanted to be.  We'll see if progress on this picks up as I get used to working around these grid lines.  In this photo, you can see the mess created when I snipped the threads like I had read was supposed to be done.  I'll be so happy once I'm done stitching around them and don't have to deal with their frustration anymore.


And, of course, there is a puff for today.


No comments:

Post a Comment