Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Ribs and a Biscuit

I did finish the bottom pattern yesterday, and get a bit of the top one started.  Not sure how much I'll get done on this today as I need to venture out into the cold and get some groceries.  I'd love to have all of block 2 finished this week.  Working on this is motivating me to pull out one of my other big projects to work on.  There is a "weekend sal" thread in the Counted Cross Stitcher group, so I think I'm going to pull out my Miribilia The Siren and the Shipwreck to work on.  I was making such good progress on that one until I needed to get things packed up to move.


As planned, I started both projects for Paul last night.  I got about 1 1/2 inches of ribbing done on the first Podcaster's glove.  I love how this yarn is working up.  This is some Socks that Rock that I've had for many years.  I had joined their sock club then got tired of making socks about halfway through and never did make them.  This is a nice manly shade so is great for Paul's gloves.


I also started his balaclava using some Cascade 220 also just sitting in my stash.  And, I got about as much ribbing done on this as I did on the gloves.  I need to spend more time on this one since he does have other gloves to wear, but he does not have a nice ski mask type hat to wear when the wind is howling and there's no choice but to shovel snow.


After getting my fill of ribs, I started on the Biscuit cowl for myself.  I'm using some really pretty silk yarn I got when checking out one of the yarn shops near me.  This is going to make a really nice drapey cowl and I can't wait to get it done so I can wear it.  There aren't that many rounds in this pattern, so I think it's a definite possibility that I'll be sporting this in the next week or so.


And for dessert?  A puff of course!




No comments:

Post a Comment